In case you missed it, I was on Home & Family today discussing how the New Year is a great time to freshen up your REALationship vows. I believe that each couple should renew their relationship goals annually or bi-annually so each party is always on the same page about important issues.
The first step in doing that is sort of like “Mapquesting” your REALationship. Here are some steps that you and your spouse can begin to follow.
Steps to “Mapquesting” Your Relationship:
1. Identify your roles, responsibilities, wants, and goals.
2. Set a goal.
3. Create a plan of action.
4. Write your plan out.
5. Be realistic.
6. Follow through with your goal.
7. Determine how much time you spend alone and with each other.
8. Find hobbies you enjoy together and individually.
9. Share household responsibilities.
10. Divide parental responsibilities.
The Hallmark Channel also has a worksheet for you and your spouse to fill out.
Getting clear on what you want YOUR relationship to look like is such a great way to ring in the New Year together.
P.S. They also revealed a Photo of our new bundle of Joy, Phoenix, which you can see in this photo!